: Men till vilket pris och för vems bästa?
Nygren, Marie 2010 (Swedish)
Independent thesis Advanced level (professional degree), 10 credits / 15 HE creditsStudentuppsats (Examensarbete)
Within special education, there is a big dilemma where some mean that school should include all pupils in the same school class, regardless of the students' needs for assistance, while others believe that students with special needs to be placed in small adapted groups where students have similar needs is to exclude pupils. While others argue that the inclusion can sometimes lead to exclusion. The aim is to investigate what meaning teachers and special education teachers gives the concept of inclusion in school and what consequences it entails in teaching. This study is based on a number of qualitative interviews of teachers and specialist teachers to obtain answer of the following questions.
- Has the concept of inclusion and integration the same significance and meaning according to those asked teachers, special educators and special educators?
- Which students should be included, according to those asked teachers, special teachers and special teachers?
- What is required to work from an inclusive perspective, according to the asked teachers, special teachers and special teachers?
- Perceive the asked teacher, special educators and special teachers some disadvantages of inclusion?
- Which students receive special education instruction in the schools were asked?
- Do the asked teacher, special educators and special teachers think that there is a school for all?
The results of this study is that teachers and special instructors have difficulty indistinguishing the concepts and that they puts the same emphasis on inclusion as the integration, the students must adapt to school and not vice versa. The teachers believe that schools today do not possess the skills and resources needed to meet students' needs. The results show that inclusion can have an opposite effect in the daily activities of the school.
Place, publisher, year, pages
2010. 54 p.
Inclusion, a school for all, special education, special education teachers, special education, teacher
Inkludering, en skola för alla, specialpedagogik, speciallärare, specialpedagog, lärare
Identifiersurn:nbn:se:sh:diva-7706 (URN)oai:DiVA.org:sh-7706 (OAI)
UppsokSocial and Behavioural Science, Law